The coaching process is essentially a conversation between us. The agenda is yours: we focus on the goals you intend to achieve through coaching.
Coaching uses a range of communication techniques that are researched and tested and refined. A skilled coach intuitively uses the right process to help you overcome your hesitations and 'yes buts'. I help you reclaim or build your self-confidence and your sense of purpose.
Coaching is hard work and fun. I love working as a coach because I love seeing my clients change in ways that they hadn't thought were possible.
I help you to clarify your thoughts, explore and evaluate your options, and then support you in taking action.
I do not second-guess or judge you. When you hesitate I help you work out what is standing in your way. I then guide you in moving forward.
Confidentiality is paramount. I maintain the strictest confidentiality in accordance with the Code of Ethics of my professional associations.
My commitment to confidentiality is in writing, in the Agreement we sign when we start working together.
"My entire approach is based on the belief that you are the master of your own life and destiny and mine is a supportive role along part of that journey."
Conflict coaching is a process which serves to build your confidence and competence in managing interpersonal and other conflicts.
It is a highly specialized area of coaching work which is often offered in conjunction with executive, career, and leadership coaching. It is a voluntary process.
Because the decision to request conflict coaching is often triggered by a specific event, the process is focused and relatively short.
Are you in one or more of these situations?
- There is ongoing conflict or interpersonal tension and you need change that.
- You're anticipating a difficult conversation, for example a performance review or a disciplinary interview. You need to prepare because there probably will be an emotional response that you want to respect and respond to in a way that won't damage the relationship.
- You are involved in conflict that you feel should be mediated, but the other person is unwilling to participate in mediation, and so you need to find some inner resolution so you can move on.
- You're being bullied and you want to find an assertive way of stopping it.
- You've been accused of being a bully and you want to understand it better and to change how you respond.
- You're heading for a formal conflict resolution process, e.g. arbitration, restorative justice, or mediation and want to be prepared.
- You want to overcome your personal tendency to avoid conflict, which has resulted in months or years of negative self-talk, or which occasionally results in an emotional outburst when ‘things get out hand.’
- You want to work out how to transform a toxic workplace culture into one of respect, trust, and appreciation.
Coaching is offered in person and telephonically. A telephone coaching session is of great value when facing an urgent or volatile situation.
Coaching & Counselling Packages
Clients who have private or corporate health insurance in Canada may have some or all of their fees covered, as I am a registered Health Services Professional with one of Canada's top health insurers.
Pro-active employers in Nova Scotia are offered a retainer arrangement whereby any of their designated staff may schedule a conflict coaching call without worrying about payment and contracts. The advantage is that the coach is available at short notice and is already familiar with the corporate culture and values.
Corporate packages (organisations employing more than 100 full-time, part-time, temporary and/or casual employees) include 3, 6 and 12 month options, with added features (e.g. leadership coaching/in-house training/lunch & learn).
SMALL BUSINESS, NOT-FOR-PROFIT & COMMUNITY GROUPS
Discounted coaching packages are available for community and not-for-profit groups, and employers with less than 30 employees.
My private clients benefit from a deep discount that I am willing and able to offer, based on my corporate work.