Front-Line Leadership Development
5 days (35 hours) classroom-based facilitated participative course, with optional action learning component which includes private coaching over a further 3 month period while students complete a job-related action learning assignment.
This course is customized to the client’s culture, values, mission and strategy. Learning is based on participants’ own real-time work-based goals.
The action learning component is focused on the achievement of a pre-approved work-based goal. A final performance assessment includes a self-assessment and structured feedback from the instructor and the delegate’s own immediate manager.
Target Audience: Newly appointed front-line managers or supervisors.
- Explain to staff the strategic issues and goals of the organisation as it affects their goals and performance
- Maintain a customer-centred approach
- Perform the competencies of leading, planning, organizing and controlling in daily work.
- Demonstrate appropriate situational leadership in a range of settings including resolving conflicts
- Effectively use communication techniques in a range of situations, including giving and receiving feedback
- Use a range of managerial tools in analyzsing and resolving problems, setting SMART goals, planning and organizing resources
- Use standard setting to facilitate delivery of quality and results
- Create a positive and motivating work environment
- Delegate work effectively
- Utilize a broader knowledge of the functions and interdependence between units and departments
- Apply appropriate controls within the scope of the job
- Respond appropriately to conflict
- Demonstrate an increase in confidence and assertiveness.
- Building Trust & Partnership through Effective Communication.
- Front-Line Leadership Development.
- Goal Setting that Delivers Results.
- Performance Appraisal and Feedback that Deliver Results and Strengthen Relationships.
- Managing Change.
- Role and Goal Clarity in Teams.
- Employee Engagement Beyond Survey Results.
- Strength-based Strategic Performance Management.
- Managing Inter-Cultural Conflict.
- Introduction to Basic Problem-Solving Tools.